BVSc & AH, MVSc (Veterinary Anatomy, Histology & Embryology),
PhD (Veterinary Anatomy & Histology)
Total = 34 Years. At Mumbai Veterinary College and Udgir Veterinary College.
- A. PhD Research Work – Gross and Histomorphological Structure of the Oviduct before and after Extirpation of the Preen Gland in relation to Egg Production in Chicken ( Gallus gallus domesticus).
- V. Sc. Dissertation : Histology and Histochemistry of the Skin in Hot and Cold Season with Special Reference to the Effect of External Cooling in Buffalo Calves (Bos bubalis).
- Post Graduation guide & Committee Member – Guided 13 post-graduate students & was Member of Advisory Committee for four post-graduate & 2 PhD students.
- Received Best Paper award for Histological study of Bursa Fabricius in Karaknath and RIR breeds of poultry and their crosses during XVIII Convention of IAVA in 2003.
- Received Best Paper award for Histological study of Uropygeal gland in Karaknath and RIR breeds of poultry and their crosses during XVIII Convention of IAVA in 2003.
- Received Best Paper award for “Application of Veterinary Anatomy in Nuclear Medicine” during XIX IAVA Convention in 2004.
- Received A. M. Srivastava award for Best Thesis Award as guide entitled “Hair – Anatomical tool for identification of some domestic and wild animal species” during XXIII Convention of IAVA in 2008.
- Received Scroll of Honour( As Best Teacher) in 2005 from the Dean, Bombay Veterinary College, Parel, Mumbai – 400 012.
1) Life member of Indian Association of Veterinary Anatomists (IAVA).
2) Life member of Alumni Association of Bombay Veterinary College.
3) Life member of Veterinarians’ Association (K.K.V.).
- Patil A. D., Shingatgeri R. K., Gadre K. M. and Bhosale N. S. (1989) Histology of the skin with special reference to the effect of external cooling in buffalo calves Indian Vet. J. 66 (5) : 432 – 434.
- Wakankar C. C and Patil A. D. (1997) Application of modern radiological technique in veterinary anatomy. Tech. Bul. IAVA, XII Conven. Pg- 39.
- Patil A. D., Shingatgeri R. K. and Bhosale N. S. (1992) Seasonal changes in the Histology of epidermis in skin of buffalo calve. Livestock Advisor 27 (7) : 27 – 31.
- P. L. Dhande, D. S. Suryawanshi, S. A. Gaikwad, A. D. Patil and S. B. Lambate (2001).
5.Animal Structural (Anatomical) Correlations in Forensic Medicine. Advances in Veterinary Anatomy Edited by G. K. Singh and R. S. Chauhan: 176 –179.
- 5. Deore R. P., D. Patil, P. L. Dhande, S. A. Gaikwad, P. N. Thakur and M. S. Deokar (2002) Comparative Histomorphological Studies on the Tongue in Indian Goat (Capra hircus) J. Bombay Vet. Coll 10 (1 & 2) : 19 – 22.
- 6. Deokar, M. S.; Dhande, P. L.; Patil A. D. and Gaikwad, S. A. (2005) Histomorphological and Histochemical Changes in the Ovary and Oviduct in Prenatal Sheep (Ovis aries) Indian J. Vet. Anat. 17 (1 & 2) : 58 – 67.
- S. B. Lambate, P. L. Dhande, A. D. Patil, C. S. Mamde and S. A. Gaikwad (2008) Gross Anatomical Observations on the Stomach of Broiler. Indian J. Vet. Anat. 20 (1) : 32 – 34.
- Jyoti Saini, P. L. Dhande, S. A. Gaikwad, V. D. Shankhapal and A. D. Patil (2017) Physico – morphological characteristics and fertilizing ability studies on semen of Holstein Friesian bull Indian J, of Vet. Anatomy, Vol. 29/1, 59-62.
- Shilpa S. Modekar, P. L. Dhande, V. D. Shankhapal, S. A. Gaikwad, A. D. Patil, S. R. Chawan and Jyoti Saini (2017) Assessment of udder characteristic of lactating and non – lactating mammary gland of non- descript goats of Maharashtra region. Indian J, of Vet. Anatomy, Vol. 29/2, 18-20.
- Jyoti Saini, P. L. Dhande, A. S. Ranade, A. D. Patil, Ganesh Palve and Vikas Gaddewad. (2018) Effects on mophometry of small intestine of broiler (Gallus domesticus) by using various feed additives. Indian J. of Vet. Anatomy. 30 (1): 49 – 51.