- M. V. Sc. & Ph. D. in Poultry Science with First Class with Distinction from Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai, India.
- Completed 12 various advance courses and trainings on Poultry Science.
· Assistant Professor : 8 years
· Associate Professor : 11 years
· Professor of Poultry Science : 13 years
· Head of the Departments : 6 years
· University Head : 16 year to till date
· Associate Dean at KNPCVS, Shirwal : 2 years 5 months
· Associate Dean at Mumbai Veterinary College since 20.03.2019 till date
- Member of Academic Council of MAFSU since 2002.
- Member of Faculty of MAFSU since 2002.
- Chairman, Board of Studies in Poultry Science since 2000.
- Academic Cell Incharge, Bombay Veterinary College from 2006- 2010.
- Research Coordinator, Bombay Veterinary College from 2000-2006.
- Vice- President of Indian Poultry Science Association from 2007-2013.
- Project Officer – Goregaon Campus from 2014 – 2016.
- Associate Dean at at KNPCVS, Shirwal since August 2016 till Jan 2019
· Received Ayurvet Award 2011 for the research article entitled ‘Studies in the production of Omega 3 enriched chicken meat: II’ published in the Indian Journal of Poultry Science.
· Awarded with Best Poultry Scientist Award for the year 2010 by Indian Poultry Journalists Association for outstanding contribution and research in the field of Poultry Science. (National Award)
· Awarded with Fellow of Indian Poultry Science Association 2010 for outstanding contribution and research in the field of Poultry Science. (National Award)
· Awarded with CLFMA Award 2006 for outstanding contribution and research in the field of Poultry Science at national level. (National Award)
· Received the Scroll of Honour 2005 for sincere and meritorious services by Dean, Bombay Veterinary College.
· Received the Scroll of Honour 2005 as Best Teacher by Dean, Bombay Veterinary College.
· Received the Scroll of Honour 2004 for sincere and meritorious services by Dean, Bombay Veterinary College.
· Received the Best Scientist Award 2002-03 at Poultry Research Information and Scientist Meet, PRISM at Pune.
· Awarded Bombay Veterinary College Diamond Jubilee Commemoration Prize for the year 1986-87 for having stood first by securing the highest G.P.A. of (4.00/4.00) at Sr. M.V.Sc. class of M.V.Sc. Degree Examination.
· Awarded Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Award for the Best Field Oriented Research Work at M.V.Sc. Level for the year 1986.
· Kartutva Gaurav Puraskar as Best Academician by Pet Practioners Association, Mumbai
Academic & Research Contribution:
- International Research Collaboration with Novus International Inc., St. Louis, Missouri, USA – Undertaking the research projects on organic trace minerals in poultry since 2007. Three post graduate students visited USA for internship during this program and have completed their research in this project.
- Guided 56 M. V. Sc. students in Poultry Science – The department of Poultry Science regularly carries our field based research in nutrition and managemental aspects for increasing the profits for farmers by reducing the cost of production. Blind trials are also conducted prior to the launch of new product in the Poultry Industry.
- Guided 2 Ph.D students in Poultry Science
- Co-Guide for 42 M.V.Sc. and 4 Ph. D. students of other disciplines like Animal Nutrition, Pharmacology, Pathology, Anatomy, etc.
- Short term trainings on poultry farming & quail farming – are regularly conducted for new entrepreneurs in local language. Till date 54 programs have been conducted and more than 1700 people have been trained. Many of them have started their own poultry farm or engaged in poultry industry.
· Books/ Chapters in books : 1 (International)
· Production of Film : 1
· Booklets/ Manuals : 5
· Research papers in scientific journals : 60
· Papers presented in conferences and seminars : 80
· Extension publications : 160 plus
· Interview publications : 33
· Radio talks : 52
· Television programs : 26
Contribution as Poultry Scientist and Advisor:
· Advisor & Coordinator for the program of Establishing Rural Poultry Units in the Adopted Villages by the H. E. Governor of Maharashtra since 2016.
· Member of Research Advisory Council (RAC) and QRT for Central Avian Research Institute (CARI), Izatnagar and Project Directorate on Poultry (PDP), Hyderabad.
· Member of the committee for establishment of Poultry Development Board of Maharashtra.
· Member of the committee for forming National Poultry Feed Quality Standards.
· Member of the committee for deciding National Poultry Policy.
· Expert for setting question papers for ARS / NET examinations.
· Expert for setting question papers for IVRI, CARI and other Agriculture and Veterinary Universities in India.
· Expert on Maharashtra Public Service Commission (MPSC), Board for Govt. of Maharashtra for conducting interviews for Livestock Development Officers & Expert for setting the syllabus for Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
· Vice- President, Indian Poultry Science Association since 2007.
· Managing committee member of World Veterinary Poultry Association
· Managing committee member of VIP Vets in poultry
· Member of World Poultry Science Association
· Member of Indian Poultry Science Association
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Livestock & Feed Trends (since 2002) and Indian Poultry Review
- Editor of the “Journal of Bombay Veterinary College” till 2007.
- Editor of “Vetline” – News Bulletin of Bombay Veterinary College from 2004 – 2007. In the tenure as editor, five journals of Bombay Veterinary College were published along with a regular publication of a monthly news bulletin Vet-line.
- Agrowon articles: A series of over 80 articles were published in the Marathi newspaper Agrowon for farmers on a weekly basis on various aspects and current scenario of Poultry Industry.
Organization of events:
- Chairman Organizing Committee 23rd Annual Convention of Indian Society for Veterinary Immunology and Biotechnology (VIBCON-2017) & National Symposium – 2017 at Shirwal (Maharashtra).
- Organizing Secretary for 26th Annual Conference & National Symposium of IPSA, IPSACON -2009 at Mumbai.
- Poultry Training for Iraqi Professors in 2008 at Mumbai.
- Convener, Students Program during international exhibitions ILDEX 2006, IAI 2007 and ILDEX 2008 at New Delhi.
- Poultry Industry & Scientists Meets – Yearly event in Bombay Veterinary College.
- Food Safety & Poultry Meat Inspection Workshop in association with US Grain Council in 2005 at Mumbai.
- Member of Organizing committee of XIII Annual Conference & National Symposium of IPSA, IPSACON -1990 at Mumbai.